Posted on February 24, 2020 at 11:00 am
If you're spending spring break in Miami, you’re in for an awesome time. With so many beaches, stores and nightclubs, Wynwood in Miami is one of the best places to have fun. This unique neighborhood blends art, fashion, culture and crazy into one amazing package. Here are the best things to do in Wynwood during spring break.
1. Check Out Miami Music Week Miami Music Week is the place to be for the best EDM from around the world. This week-long celebration is exactly what spring break in Miami is all about. When you combine the biggest DJs with the greatest audience in the world, you can expect major fun. Here are a few of the artists headlining in 2020’s MMW:
If you’re into house, techno, trance, or dubstep, you can’t miss it. If you feel like dancing all night long, you can’t miss it. If you’re just looking for a crazy excuse to throw your inhibitions to the wind, you can’t miss it.
- Armin Van Buuren
- David Guetta
- Eric Prydz
- Little Louie Vega
- Nicole Moudaber
2. Kick Back With Friends One of the best things about Wynwood is its fun-loving nature. Forget about itineraries, plans, reservations or schedules. Just show up and have a blast with your best friends. There are art galleries, craft breweries, tasty eateries and hip shops for every taste. If you’re the kind of person who cares more about the people you spend time with than the specific activities you choose, then Wynwood is perfect. It feels like hanging out in a cool South American destination, except you don’t have to travel that far.
3. Find the Best Pizza in Wynwood If you want some recommendations for the best in Wynwood, make sure to check out the pizza at Joey’s Italian Cafe. There’s something really fun about eating pizza with friends, and Joey’s has the best pizza around. Here are our favorite toppings with a gourmet twist:
The sweet and delicious Dolce e Piccante pizza is irresistible and unforgettable. It's topped with Adriatic figs, smoked chili flakes, organic honey and Gorgonzola. Joey’s is constantly improvising new pizzas, so make sure to ask for off-the-menu options.
- Prosciutto di Parma
- Spanish chorizo
- Wild mushrooms
- Goat cheese
- Red wine syrup
- Brick oven-roasted tomatoes
4. Walk the Wynwood Walls You can’t come to Miami without walking through the legendary Wynwood Walls. This blend of art, graffiti, hip-hop, and international flavor is one of the most unique spots in the world. After all, spring break doesn’t always have to just be about dancing and partying. For some people, it’s about discovering new inspiration. Wynwood is great for that. When the sun starts to heat up, we recommend hanging out in Joey’s covered patio with a cool drink. One drink that will totally blow your mind is our signature blackberry mint caipirinha. It’s a Brazilian secret recipe with fresh blackberries, muddled mint, and cachaca.
5. Mix Art and Nightlife The Wynwood Walls really starts to heat up after dark. Instead of turning down the music and lights, the neighborhood takes on a street party vibe. Expect performers and artists mingling with partygoers and people looking for a different perspective on art. Joey’s Italian Cafe is also buzzing at night, serving awesome Italian fusion with a Latino take.
6. Discover the Best First Date Spots Slip-on your party dress and enjoy incredible food and amazing imported Italian wines. For a memorable spring break first date, try our Risotto al Funghi. Smooth and sensuous pasta teases you with wild mushrooms and truffle oil. For a bit more heat, share some spicy shrimp linguine as a prelude to a kiss. Wynwood is bold, bright and alive with emotion. It’s perfect for people who love art or Miami’s latest fashion trends. While you’re soaking in the sun, fun, and music during spring break in Wynwood, visit Joey’s Italian Cafe. Discover why we have so many rave reviews.
Image Credit: Shutterstock / pio3