What To Do in Wynwood on the Weekend
Posted on January 27, 2020 at 3:08 pm
A trip to Wynwood can totally change the way you look at art. Whether you live in Miami or want to visit the city from around the country, you should definitely make a weekend trip to Wynwood part of the itinerary. There are tons of amazing things to do in Wynwood from art, fashion, and food to put a huge smile on your face.
Awesome Things To Do in Wynwood on the WeekendGreat art, cool surroundings, and a laid-back vibe make Wynwood an amazing spot for a weekend getaway. Here are some of the best things to do in Wynwood from Friday to Sunday:
- Walk the Wynwood Walls by day: Checking out this neighborhood’s street art is irresistible for art lovers. You can stroll the avenues, alleyways and open spaces to see walls with cool graffiti and amazing murals.
- Hang out after dark in one of Miami’s coolest neighborhoods: When the sun sets on the weekend, Wynwood lights up rather than shuts down. It’s a great place to dance all night surrounded by fantastic art.
- Shop for something special: Cool shops have lots of one-of-a-kind decorative elements for the home. Visit to find centerpieces and wall art that will have guests asking right away about your trip.
- Upgrade your wardrobe: Fashion in Wynwood is just as intriguing as the neighborhood’s murals. Fashionistas can find dresses, skirts, and blouses with fascinating artistic flair. Guys can pick up tomorrow’s trends six months ahead of time.
- Watch a foreign flick: Head to Wynwood’s cinemas for foreign films, art-house flicks, and independent pictures. On the weekend, you can take in artistic movies with friends in the morning or at night.
The Best Brunch Menu in WynwoodThe weekend happens to be one of the best times to visit Joey’s because it’s the only time you can try the restaurant’s famous brunch menu. It’s part gourmet tasting menu and part delicious family favorites with an exciting twist. The chef creates unique dishes every weekend that is inspired by Miami’s constantly changing art and food scenes. Here are a few of our must-try brunch dishes in Wynwood:
- Breakfast Pizza del Giorno: The signature breakfast pizza at Joey’s changes every weekend, and it’s one of the biggest draws for celebrities and locals. Every pizza is made-to-order and often features some really crazy ingredients. What else would you expect in Wynwood?
- Bombolino French toast: This gooey, sweet and sour fan-favorite stays artistic thanks to uber-fresh ingredients. Tart berries and homemade lemon curd balance out the sweetness of a churro doughnut coated in orange butter crusted corn flakes. Mascarpone cream brings everything together for an unforgettable brunch.
- Avocado tostada: If you prefer delicious greens to steak and eggs, you’ll love this artisan ciabatta and fresh avocado classic. A drizzle of virgin olive oil, creamy burrata, poached eggs, and roast tomatoes add a smoky side to things. Think Italian meets Latino.